Tired of feeling like you look older than you feel? I know I am! So I did some research and here’s a little of what I found to help get rid of those blahs! I may BE 66, but I don’t have to look like it!!!
- When you are digging through your closet — don’t be afraid to mix and match some of your stuff — it’s been deemed “fashionable” by the “fashionistas.” (Felice Shapiro @ betterafter50.com)
- Update your hairstyle! If you can’t remember the last time you did that, it’s most likely time. Those “before and after” pictures of ladies with new styles aren’t a joke! So ditch that old cut for a manageable, yet soft, feminine style that can literally make you look YEARS younger!
- Here’s a BIG one! Go to your favorite cosmetics counter and get the makeup artist to help you with eye makeup and lipstick with liner that subtly enhances those two features which most people notice first. And if you’re noticing, for instance, those fine lines and wrinkles gradually increasing, or if your skin looks dull and sun damaged, premium skin care – not makeup, but skin care – like you’ll find at CarolGray.myrandf.com can make an IMMENSE difference in just a few weeks.
- Enlist your favorite fashionista for help, and invest in one stunning casual outfit, one stunning outfit for special occasions, and one stunning more business-like outfit. Pay careful attention to the fit. You KNOW when you feel like you look good, you look younger without even trying! I remember when one of my grandmothers died at age 97, the other, age 90, came to the funeral home. The younger grandmother looked absolutely GORGEOUS and even younger than her years with that white hair in short, soft curls, and a light blue dress.
- And, of course, the biggest boost to a younger looking you – which is totally free of charge — is a SMILE! That’s the real picture of my grandmother that I carry in my head. Hair was pretty and attractive, dress set off her skin tone and hair color perfectly, but her smile was absolutely vibrant — just like my mama, who’s 81 in this picture, or my friend Jacquie, who’s almost 70!!